- Next to Southern Cross Station (Victoria’s metropolitan, regional and interstate rail network hub)
- Connected by several tram routes within the free tram zone
- Easily accessed by vehicle from CityLink and the Monash and Westgate freeways
- 20 minute’s drive from Melbourne Airport
- Serviced by a number of bus routes
- One of the city’s most walkable neighbourhoods
- A hub for cyclists, with off-road bicycle paths connecting Docklands to key bicycle routes
- Serviced by more than 5000 public parking spaces
Major priorities in the plan which have been delivered included:
- $20 million extension of the Collins Street tram line into Victoria Harbour
- New tram services along Collins Street to service an additional 660 passengers per hour during peak periods
- Additional capacity on major through roads – Bourke Street and Batmans Hill Drive – providing an additional 30 per cent vehicle capacity during peak periods
Access Docklands includes a longer-term vision for Docklands’ transport network to guide the completion of the network through the continued expansion of the city grid and integration with surrounding growth areas.
Access Docklands was prepared by Development Victoria and the City of Melbourne in collaboration with the Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure, Public Transport Victoria and VicRoads.
How to get to Docklands
To plan your visit to Docklands by tram, train or bus visit PTV Journey Planner.