A number of key projects have been completed or are currently underway as part of the Revitalising Central Dandenong initiative.
Key projects include:
- Lonsdale Street – the transformation of the city’s main street into a green, pedestrian-friendly boulevard
- Stockmans Bridge – a new western entrance into central Dandenong, crossing the railway line and linking Cheltenham Road with central Dandenong
- Halpin Way and Settlers Square – new award-winning public spaces creating a well-lit link between Dandenong Train Station and the heart of town
- Government Services Office – a stimulating new office development in central Dandenong establishing government services in one easily accessible location
- Pop-Up Park – a temporary outdoor recreational facility to encourage structured and positive group activity near Dandenong Train Station
- The City of Greater Dandenong’s new municipal building – an impressive new civic building and public plaza in central Dandenong featuring an integrated community library
- Australian Taxation Office – the new ATO building on a site between Walker Street and Halpin Way is home to 850 workers
- Quest Apartments – an $22 million 55-bed serviced apartment building with commercial and retail space on the ground floor
- Salvation Army regional headquarters – the $25 million new regional headquarters for the Salvation Army will bring around 45 jobs to central Dandenong and a place of worship.