State Netball and Hockey Centre
The $64.6 million State Netball and Hockey Centre (SNHC) redevelopment is the centrepiece of the Victorian Government’s record investment in women’s sport.
The SNHC project provides more opportunities for women of all ages to get active and strive for the best, on and off the courts.
The upgrade will cement Parkville as the home for netball and hockey in Australia with six new indoor netball courts, a new indoor hockey facility, a high-performance strength and conditioning gym and a home for Netball Victoria and Hockey Victoria.
The SNHC will cater for international elite athletes and competition as well as being a hub for athlete development, major sport programs, sector education programs, and sports administration.
The redevelopment will also establish the Women in Sport Leadership Centre, which will kick start initiatives to drive cultural change and grow female leadership in sport.
The $64.6 million SNHC project will deliver the following:
- 6 new indoor netball courts to replace the current 4 outdoor courts, bringing the total number of usable netball courts to 11
- A new indoor hockey facility to support the new and emerging sport of indoor hockey
- A high-performance strength and conditioning gym
- The Women in Sport Leadership Centre
- Sports House 2 - modelled on 'Sports House' at the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre, and providing a home for the peak sporting bodies Netball Victoria and Hockey Victoria
- Upgrades to amenity and infrastructure including: the development of a new front entrance, providing for improved circulation and improving access to local public transport.
The Women in Sport Leadership Centre aims to redress the imbalance in the number of women in leadership roles in the sport and active recreation sector and allow women and girls to participate and perform at a high level both on and off the field.
The new facilities will be developed within the existing boundary of the Centre.
Public Information Drop In Session – Saturday 23 June 2018
Development Victoria is hosting a drop-in information session at the State Netball and Hockey Centre to provide an update on the redevelopment. Project team members will be in attendance to answer questions and seek input on aspects of the design.
When: 10.30am – 1.30pm, Saturday 23 June 2018