CIRQ Point Cook
Development Victoria owns two hectares of land on the edge of the Point Cook Town Centre, overlooking the Boardwalk Boulevard Wetlands.
Site historyDevelopment Victoria has been involved in developing Point Cook (the town centre and the Boardwalk Estate) since 1998, delivering approximately 2000 homes in the area.
This latest development will fulfil the original vision for the precinct in line with the council-endorsed Boardwalk Development Plan, which allows the site to be used for homes, shops and other services.
About the project
- Approximately 100, two and three storey, two, three, and four bedroom townhouses have been designed
- The homes have an emphasis on high-quality design, materials and landscaping, will take advantage of the beautiful wetlands and provide passive surveillance of the path
- The master plan of the site has created pedestrian connections to allow easy access between the wetlands walking path and the town centre and beyond
- Off-street parking will be provided for each property
- The master plan includes some small office home offices. adjacent to the town centre
Community engagementIn May 2016, we invited the community to provide feedback on our plans to deliver townhouses, pedestrian connections with some open space, and potentially a café on the site.
Feedback was received via the online survey, email, phone conversation, community information sessions and meetings, and views and concerns were considered in the final design.
- May 2016 – Community engagement conducted.
- August 2016 – Town planning application was submitted to Wyndham Council.
- November 2016 – Project website launched for relevant parties to register their interest.
- April 2017 – Onsite sales office opens, commence marketing of the townhouses.
- May 2017 – First land released to market (stages one and two)
- Mid-2017 – Development works commence