The Victorian Government, in partnership with Knox City Council, is delivering an expanded State Basketball Centre to make it one of Australia’s premier basketball facilities.
Since works commenced in 2021, the State Basketball Centre redevelopment is progressing well.
When completed later this year, the State Basketball Centre in Wantirna South will be the home of basketball in Victoria, from grass roots to elite competitions.
It will include:
- 12 new indoor community courts
- new high-performance training and administration facilities for basketball, including WNBL and NBL teams
- new administration facilities to support sports organisations and clubs
- new gymnastics facilities
- a new café, town square and car parking upgrades with landscaping.
Read our Autumn 2023 Community Update to get all the latest on:
- The final roof truss for the entire project has been installed.
- Installation of internal cladding and insulation in the basketball courts is being installed.
- Structural steel installation for the high performance training area and administration spaces is now complete.
- All primary framing for the gymnastics area is now complete.
Did you know?
Each roof truss weighs approximately 7 tonnes and is painted orange as a reference to the colour of a traditional basketball?
Meet Development Victoria Project Manager, Matthew Hayden
Learn about Matthew Hayden and his passion for delivering some of Victoria’s most significant projects on behalf of the community.
Updated on 26 May 2023