Military Road, Avondale Heights VIC 3034
Project partnerFrasers Property
Kangan Batman TAFE closed its Avondale Heights campus on Military Road in 2005 and the site was purchased by Development Victoria for residential development.
Development Victoria entered into a joint venture agreement with Frasers Property (previously known as Australand) to unlock the site’s potential. Development Victoria will remain the owner of the site, with Frasers Property to be responsible for its development.
4.3ha project area
12km from Melbourne CBD
- 135 homes ranging from one to five bedrooms, and no higher than two storeys
- At least one off street car park for every home
- Onsite visitor parking
- A new green space providing a link to the Avondale Heights Library and Learning Centre
- A retained ‘goat track’ from Doyle Street
- Bicycle and walking paths
- Easy connections to local schools, including Avondale Primary School
The Avondale Heights development is located at Military Road, Avondale Heights VIC 3034.
- November 2015:
Moonee Valley City Council issued a planning permit for 135 new homes
- Late 2016:
- Early 2018:
The first residents moved in their new homes
- Mid 2019:
Final settlements occurred mid 2019