- Digital Harbour Holdings
- Poly Developments and Holdings
On the western edge of Docklands, Digital Harbour is a 4.4ha inner-urban community. It's a mixed-use neighbourhood interconnected by a series of landscaped recreational spaces, and featuring high-tech campus-style development.
Key features of Digital Harbour include:
- Telstra’s National Learning Academy, housed in the Innovation Building
- Life.lab — a mixed-use building, home to a range of small to medium enterprises
- Residential apartments and Docklands Private Collection serviced apartments
- The Port1010 commercial building at 1010 La Trobe Street focuses on world leading environmental design principles and technologies
- Field of Play and Colony integrated urban art landscaping
- Melbourne Water headquarters
- 1000 La Trobe Street, a 24-storey commercial building, currently under construction
Digital Harbour is adjacent to Marvel Stadium and is bound by
La Trobe Street, Harbour Esplanade, Dudley Street and Wurundjeri Way.
Nestled by the water, and only moments from the city, Digital Harbour is walking distance to Southern Cross train station via the Marvel Stadium concourse, with tram stops located on the doorstep of Digital Harbour.
This was the first building completed from the Digital Harbour master plan. It's an incubator hub for new enterprises in the IT industry, as well as the research and development components of larger organisations.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2003- 2004, Architect: ARM Architects, Developer: Digital Harbour Holdings.
The eight-storey, 91-unit building includes strata-titled home-office suites (SOHO), offering alternative commercial spaces for smaller or independent businesses.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2007- 2008, Architect: Moull Murray Architects, Developer: Digital Harbour Holdings.
Melbourne Water's new HQ includes A-grade office space over six levels, storage and retail space. It offers car parking and bicycle facilities, and large floor plans, with a series of interconnecting atrium spaces linking the six upper levels of the building. The orientation of the atrium spaces also provides magnificent uninterrupted views of Melbourne's city skyline.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2010- 2012, Type: Public, Architect: Woods Baggott, Developer: Digital Harbour Holdings.
1000 La Trobe is a 24 storey, a-grade office tower without an anchor tenant pre-committed to the project, a first in Melbourne in 30 years. The building's design is inspired by the history of Docklands. Building amenities include an activated ground floor providing flexible working spaces, cafes and bar, landscaped areas for working or relaxing, state-of-the art end of trip facilities and gym.
Stage: Construction, Project duration: 2019- 2021, Architect: Woods Baggot, Developer: Poly Australia.
- The Federal Government commit seed funding of $22.5 million from the Federation Fund for the establishment of Comtechport on the 4-hectare Commonwealth Technology Park precinct
- Digital Harbour Holdings announced as developer for $300 million Digital Harbour Precinct
- Digital Harbour’s first commercial building, Innovation Building, opens
- Port 1010 commercial building completed, achieving a 5-star Green Star environmental rating
- Life.Lab’s strata-titled offices and SOHOs are completed offering alternative commercial spaces for smaller/independent businesses
- 700 Melbourne Water employees move into the new head office at 990 La Trobe Street, Digital Harbour precinct
- Poly Australia breaks ground on 1000 La Trobe in Digital Harbour its flagship commercial development in Melbourne, an a-grade office tower without an anchor tenant pre-committed to the project