- MAB Corporation Pty Ltd
- Hiap Hoe
NewQuay is a vibrant waterfront promenade with restaurants, bars, cafes, shops, and a public marina. It includes a mix of hotel accommodation, serviced apartments, private residential and affordable housing options.
NewQuay also offers several green public spaces including:
- NewQuay Central Park
- NewQuay West Linear Park
- Monument Park
- A sculpture park on NewQuay Promenade, featuring nine public art pieces
NewQuay is located on the western edge of Victoria Harbour, and bound by Harbour Esplanade/Footscray Road.
Only minutes from Melbourne’s CBD, NewQuay is connected by several tram services within Melbourne’s free tram zone. It's walking distance from Southern Cross Station, and has easy access to the Westgate and Tullamarine Freeways.
The Mariner is an eight-storey residential apartment tower comprising 113 apartments, 85 of which are allocated as public/affordable housing, and seven disability units with customised bathrooms and kitchens. The Mariner integrates affordable and privately owned dwellings under the one roof to create diverse yet stable communities. The second stage of the Mariner Apartments is the Quay Park townhouses.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2010- 2011, Type: Residential, Architect: Plus Architecture, Developer: MAB Corporation and Housing Choices Australia.
This landmark residential tower is 140 meters tall, and includes 461 residential apartments. It's made up of two residential towers and a resort-inspired hotel.The Marina Club on the ground floor features a lobby lounge, library, private business centre and meeting rooms. The mezzanine level includes a cinema, lounge, billiard room, a kitchen and dining area. On the seventh-floor residents can enjoy the pool, gymnasium and access to the hotel bar, within Four Points by Sheraton Docklands.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2015- 2017, Type: Residential, Architect: DKO Architects, Developer: Hiap Hoe.
The design of the Banksia building was inspired by the Australian Banksia native flower. The floorplan is unique in that it allows each apartment access to water, park or city views.Residents can enjoy the Banksia Club on the top floors which includes a communal BBQ and outdoor dining area, a gym, sunken lounge, grand piano, kitchen, and three plunge pools with views across Victoria Harbour and Melbourne's CBD.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2016- 2018, Type: Residential, Architect: McBride Charles Ryan, Developer: MAB Corporation.
Quest NewQuay is the network's largest apartment hotel featuring 221 serviced apartments. The property also has a business centre, conference facilities, gymnasium, secure parking, and a rooftop alfresco BBQ and entertainment area. The Elm & Stone apartments include a range of apartments and loft apartments which have 4.5m high ceilings and additional living zones. In total, Elm & Stone has 142 apartments in a mix of one, two and three bedrooms.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2017- 2019, Type: Residential, Architect: DKO Architects, Developer: MAB Corporation Pty Ltd.
- MAB awarded development rights for $900 million 24-hour city to be called NewQuay
- First residential apartment tower, The Arkley, a 21 level tower with 176 apartments is completed
- The first residents move into Docklands in NewQuay’s The Arkley
- The Palladio and Boyd towers and Sant’Elia Podium are completed in and the public promenade opens with restaurants and cafes in operation
- MAB’s fourth tower, The Nolan, a 24-level tower of 204 apartments is completed
- NewQuay’s fifth residential tower, Conder, a four-level podium, 16 level tower with 200 apartments is completed
- Aquavista, NewQuay’s first development to combine commercial and retail for small businesses officially opened by Minister Theophanous
- Carrick Institute of Education opens a new campus at 370 Docklands Drive, a 7-storey environmentally sustainable building with ground floor retail
- Computer Sciences Corporation’s (CSC) new seven-storey home at 380 Docklands Drive is completed
- The Mariner an eight-storey residential apartment tower, including affordable housing, and Mariner Townhouses in NewQuay West is completed
- The Residences, 42 luxury town homes and stage one of the 4,000 m2 linear park, Quay Park, are completed
- Harbour One, a 22-level residential tower is completed
- The Quay's mixed-use project is completed, featuring 617 residential apartments, 10 studio offices and The Sebel Serviced Apartments
- MAB Corporation assign development rights for Stages A & B in NewQuay Central, to Hiap Hoe Limited
- Monument Park, the largest public art project yet to be delivered in Docklands is unveiled
- The Banksia boutique residential development, inspired by the native Banksia flower is completed
- The Sheraton Four Points hotel by Hiap Hoe in and Marina residential tower (461 apartments) are completed
- NewQuay Central Urban Park (between the Banksia building and The District Docklands) is officially opened by the Lord Mayor, Sally Capp
- Elm & Stone, a departure from the ‘standard’ podium and tower offering, is completed with tower one offering 144 residential apartments and the second tower home to Quest NewQuay serviced apartments