- Lendlease Development Pty Limited
Victoria Harbour is home to apartments, marinas, and multi-national and local businesses. Approximately 30,000 people work and/or live there. With a focus on sustainable architecture and outdoor spaces, this precinct delivers a high concentration of green buildings.
Victoria Harbour is also the centre of community services for Docklands and is home to Library at The Dock, Buluk Park, Community Hub at The Dock and the Community Garden.
Key features of Victoria Harbour include:
- Home to some of Australia’s leading businesses, with eight buildings, accommodating 15,000 workers
- Over 13 residential developments, accommodating 5,000 residents
- Approximately 178 public and private marina berths
- Over 20,000m2 of retail floor area, with the main retail areas found on Collins, Bourke and Merchant Streets offering a wide range of cafes, restaurants and amenities
- A full-line Woolworths located in Merchant Street
- The Harbour Family and Children’s Centre operated by Lady Gowrie
Victoria Harbour was the first project of its kind in Victoria to achieve a ‘world leadership’ green star rating in environmentally sustainable building practices.
It was also one of 18 projects world-wide selected to be part of the C40 Cities Clinton Climate Initiative’s Climate Positive Development Program.
The Victoria Harbour precinct is in the heart of Docklands, where Collins Street meets Bourke Street, bordered by Victoria Harbour and the Yarra River (2.5km of river and harbour promenade).
Only moments from the city, Victoria Harbour is in walking distance to Southern Cross train station and is a five-minute tram ride from the CBD.
At the time of completion it was the world's tallest timber apartment building and the first Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) building in Australia. The award-winning Forté features 23 apartments within 10 storeys and four townhouses and was the first residential building in Australia to achieve on-market 5-star Green Star as-built rating.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2011- 2013, Type: Residential, Architect: Lendlease Design, Developer: Lendlease.
The Merchant is an eight-level residential development located on Bourke Street. The development includes both private and public housing, with 57 of the 133 apartments dedicated to key worker housing, owned by Housing Choices Australia.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2008- 2009, Type: Residential, Architect: Hayball Leonard Stent, Developer: Lendlease.
Australia’s first 5-star Green Star commercial strata office building, the four-storey building comprises 137 office suites. Lifestyle Working Collins is fuelled by innovations that includes: wireless internet access, shared communal spaces, leading edge data and voice technologies, clean solar energy. landscaped gardens, water harvesting, shared use of electric motor scooters, and end of trip facilities including bicycle storage.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2011- 2013, Architect: Nettletontribe, Developer: Lendlease.
Located on the corner of Collins and Bourke Streets, the 15-storey podium style building, alongside a 40-storey tower, includes 578 apartments featuring views of the waterfront facing towards Port Phillip Bay. Created by designer Bruce Ramus, 888 Collins Street turns into a world-first light art installation at night, where lines of LED (2.4km in total) sync to create an interactive facade — Melbourne's first real-time weather display depicted in an artistic format.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2015- 2016, Type: Residential, Architect: Woods Bagot, Developer: Lendlease.
- Lendlease awarded $1.8 billion development rights for Victoria Harbour
- National Australia Bank’s (NAB) new campus style workplace at 800 Bourke Street, Victoria Harbour opens
- ANZ announces new $478 million campus style headquarters at Victoria Harbour with approximately 5,500 employees
- ANZ also commit to 6-star Green Star rating
- Dock 5, the first residential tower at Victoria Harbour completed
- Melbourne gets new marina for CBD with Victoria Harbour to be site of new d’Albora Marina
- Ericsson’s new home at 818 Bourke Street, Victoria Harbour completed
- Victoria Harbour’s new park, Victoria Green, opens to the public
- The Harbour Family and Children’s Centre opens in Victoria Harbour — the first purpose-built community infrastructure
- Construction of The Gauge at Victoria Harbour is completed — the first privately developed new building to be awarded a 6-star Green Star rating
- The Montage apartments and terraces on Navigation Drive, Victoria Harbour are completed
- Victoria Harbour announced as one of two Australian projects to participate in the Clinton climate initiative: Climate Positive Development Program
- Merchant Street Commercial Strata in Victoria Harbour construction is completed
- ANZ’s new head office, the largest, single-tenanted commercial building in Australia, opens at 833 Collins Street in Victoria Harbour in December
- The Merchant, an eight level residential development located on Bourke Street is completed
- 900 Aurecon workers relocate to the new headquarters at 850 Bourke Street, Victoria Harbour
- Serrata and Convesso apartments in Victoria Harbour reach Practical Completion
- Forte apartments, the world's tallest timber apartment building is completed
- Lifestyle Working, a four-storey strata office building comprising 137 office suites, in a 5-star Green Star building at 838 Collins Street, Victoria Harbour is completed
- National Australia Bank workers from more than six buildings across the CBD commenced relocating to the new NAB headquarters at 700 Bourke Street, Victoria Harbour (5,900 staff)
- Extension of Collins Street tram line to Victoria Harbour is completed
- Library at The Dock and Buluk Park are officially opened
- Victoria Harbour was the first project of its kind in Victoria to achieve a ‘world leadership’ green star rating in environmentally sustainable building practices
- The Residences Townhouses, six three level townhouses each with a roof top terrace, are completed in Geographe Street, Victoria Harbour
- Construction is completed on 888 Collins Street apartment building, at the junction of Collins Street and Bourke Street in Victoria Harbour
- Construction completed on 889 Collins Street apartment building
- Works completed on 883 Collins Street, 528 apartment complex
- One Collins Wharf residential tower opens in December
- Lord Mayor Sally Capp, officially opens 839 Collins Street, Victoria Harbour’s newest flagship commercial development