- Mirvac Group
Yarra’s Edge is a premium residential and lifestyle precinct, offering a variety of homes including apartments, town houses and terrace homes with access to expansive parks.
Key features include:
- 1,724 dwellings over eight towers, townhouses, river homes and wharfside terraces
- Home to more than 3,000 residents
- State-of-the-art marina facility, the closest marina to Melbourne’s CBD
- 21 retail spaces
- Webb Bridge, which marks the entry into Yarra’s Edge, is an outstanding example of urban art — with a design inspired by indigenous reed-woven eel traps
- Point Park
- A landscaped play environment known as Harmony Garden
- Wharf’s Landing, a green open space with free WiFi access for residents
- Wharf Club, a state-of-the-art health and well-being facility
Bolte Precinct West
Originally part of the Yarra’s Edge precinct, Bolte Precinct West is a sub-precinct that emerged after the initial development of Docklands. It's directly adjacent to the Bolte Bridge.
The vision for this precinct is for public/community space, a residential offering and a City of Melbourne Waterways operations precinct.
Yarra’s Edge is the only Docklands precinct south of the Yarra River, located between the river, city and bay.
Bound by the Yarra River, Lorimer Street and the Bolte Bridge, Yarra’s Edge is 2.4km from the city and in close proximity to the South Wharf retail, and Crown entertainment precincts.
The 40-level residential Tower V (third building from the left) sits upon a five-storey podium designed with a rooftop sculpture in the shape of a V. Tower V occupies the visual axis of Flinders Street.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2003- 2005, Type: Residential, Architect: Mirvac in-house design team, Wood Marsh Architecture, HPA Architects, Developer: Mirvac.
Forge is an award-winning residential tower located along the Yarra River. Offering contemporary interiors, and flexible floorplans, Forge resident amenities include a bookable private dining room with chef’s kitchen, and a cinema room complete with over-sized movie screen and reclining chairs.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2014- 2016, Type: Residential, Architect: Mirvac in-house design team, Developer: Mirvac.
The 39-storey tower (building on the right) has been designed to capture the movement of the surrounding river. A rooftop sculpture crowns the building, pairing it with Tower V.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2013- 2015, Type: Residential, Architect: Mirvac in-house design team, Developer: Mirvac.
The Wharf Club is a health and well-beingfacility with views to the Yarra River. The facility provides a steam room,fully equipped gym, 20m pool and spa and an angled rooftop green space above.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2014- 2016, Architect: Mirvac in-house design team, Developer: Mirvac.
- Mirvac sign the Precinct Development Agreement for $1 billion for the 14.5-hectare Yarra Waters Precinct to be called Yarra's Edge
- Construction begins at Yarra’s Edge on Towers 1 and 2 after Mirvac successfully pre-sells over 500 apartments in the release of its first three towers
- Webb Bridge, next to Charles Grimes Bridge at Yarra’s Edge, opens connecting Yarra’s Edge with the north side of the Yarra River
- Mirvac’s Yarra’s Edge Tower 1 is completed and the first residents move in
- Stage 1 of Yarra’s Edge waterfront and promenade opens
Mirvac’s residential Tower 2 and Tower 4 are completed
- Construction on Mirvac’s Yarra’s Edge Tower 3 is completed
- Mirvac’s Yarra’s Edge Tower 5 (191 apartments) and the one-hectare Point Park are completed
- Works are completed on Stage 2 of the river home townhouses
- Stage 1 of the two to four-storey (including basement level) river home townhouses are completed
- Mirvac completes construction on Stage 3 and Stage 4 of its river home townhouses
- Construction is completed on 31 level, 201 residential apartment Tower 8 (Yarra Point)
- Tower 6, The Array, residential tower (39 levels, 205 apartments) is completed
- Melbourne’s first interactive musical playground, Harmony Garden, opens in Point Park
- Construction is completed on Stage 1 terraces
- Tower 10, Forge, 30 level, 228-apartment residential development at Yarra’s Edge is completed
- The Wharf Club (health and wellbeing centre) and Wharf’s Landing Park are completed
- Construction completed on Stage 2 terraces
- Planning Minister, the Hon Richard Wynne turns the first sod at Mirvac’s new $300 million, 43 level and 315 apartments Voyager residential tower, the tallest building within the Yarra’s Edge precinct