PartnersCity of Wodonga
- Central Place Pty Ltd
Located in the heart of Junction Place, precincts 1, 3 and 4 offer:
- Junction Square Park featuring re-purposed rail infrastructure
- Sidings Park and Richardson Park
- Refurbished Goods Shed and Station buildings
- Residential development – comprising of town houses
- Four-star hotel and conference centre (proposed future works)
- Cinema and entertainment centre (proposed future works)
- Commercial office premises (proposed future works)
Following acquisition of the site, remediation works and a two-stage commercial procurement process, Development Victoria signed a Development Agreement with Central Place Pty Ltd, to deliver a mixed-use precinct comprising: residential, cinema/entertainment, commercial offices, hotel, retail, public open spaces, and a European market hall.
The project will transform and activate the former railway site into a vibrant and integrated residential, community and commercial precinct in the heart of Wodonga's CBD.
Redevelopment will encourage economic growth and development, by increasing visitation, employment, business investment and community engagement opportunities.
Precincts 1, 3 and 4 are bound by South Street to the north, High Street to the east, Elgin Boulevard to the south and Smythe Street to the west.
- Execution of Development Agreement between Development Victoria and Central Place
- Delivery of early works (internal road access and carparks)
- Planning Permit received for $70 million Cinema and Entertainment Complex
- Completion of Sidings and Richardson Parks
- Planning permit received for luxury townhouse development
- Commencement of early works ahead of construction
Refurbishment of historic railway buildings at Junction Place was undertaken with the assistance of State Government grant funding. The restoration of the prominent Goods shed and Station Building, both built in the 1870s produced a unique historic attraction in Central Wodonga. Miss Amelie, Bean Station and The Goods Shed Craft Beer Café currently occupy the buildings, attracting visitation to Central Wodonga.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2011- 2013, Type: Precinct, Developer: Development Victoria.
Sidings and Richardson Park are two public parks available for community/public use, and were delivered by Central Place in partnership with Development Victoria, Wodonga City Council, and the Federal Government.
Stage: Complete, Project duration: 2018- 2019, Type: Precinct, Architect: Somewhere Landscape Architects, Developer: Central Place.
In 2019, Central Place received planning approval for 67 luxury townhouses, located at Precinct 4. Early works have commenced on-site, with main townhouse construction due to begin in 2020.
Stage: Construction, Project duration: 2019- 2020, Type: Precinct, Architect: JWP Architects, Developer: Central Place.
The Cinema and Entertainment complex, a joint-venture between Central Place and United Cinemas, will provide a variety of retail and dining options, a 10-screen cinema and an amusement/events/entertainment space.
Stage: Construction, Project duration: 2021- 2022, Type: Precinct, Architect: JWP Architects, Developer: Central Place.