- Boosted the local economy by an estimated $85 million
- Created over $16 million for local companies and suppliers in the Dandenong area
- Created 244 direct construction jobs and 900 indirect jobs during construction
- Created 14,399 square metres of new sustainable office space
A 95 room, 4.5 star serviced apartment building, operated by Quest Apartments, was completed by the Pellicano Group in November 2016.
Quest Dandenong Central is a $22 million development and has been operating since 5 December 2016.
Retail tenancy opportunities are currently available at Quest Dandenong Central. For further information, click here.
Salvation Army regional headquarters
The new $25 million regional headquarters for the Salvation Army will be constructed on Walker Street. The development will include a place of worship, and bring around 45 jobs to central Dandenong. Construction is due to commence in the first half of 2017.
The transformed street acts as a gateway to central Dandenong, uniting the two halves of the city centre. Lonsdale Street now provides the setting for a future mix of spaces to meet and socialise including cafés, restaurants, open spaces, gardens, civic spaces and community facilities.
The renewed Lonsdale Street features:
- 251 Pin Oak trees
- 260 carriageway, service lane and footpath lights, compared to approximately 60 before the upgrade commenced
- Six pedestrian crossings
- Wider footpaths and pedestrian crossings
- A unique colonnade of 60 light poles down the centre of the street
- Plantings in gardens lining both sides of the street
- Granite seating creating relaxation areas
- Short-stay car parking and more bicycle parking
- Bicycle stands
- Water sustainability features to minimise potable water use
- A new plaza-style meeting area at the end of Langhorne Street
- An upgraded bus stop in Langhorne Street