15-29 Coomoora Road, Springvale South
Development Victoria is transforming unused surplus land in Springvale South into a welcoming residential community.
Coomoora is a new residential development located at 15-29 Coomoora Road, Springvale South. The development will include a mix of land only lots, and townhouses, as well as significant open space for the broader community to enjoy.
The site was previously owned by the Department of Education (DET) and declared as surplus land in 2016 after the merger of several local schools to form Keysborough Secondary College. It is located next to Keysborough Primary School.
The development is expected to comprise 63 lots in total, including 16 land only lots and approximately 47 townhouses. The development offers a diverse range of housing so people will have greater choice on both size and price.
To find out more, visit: coomoora.com.au
2.4ha project area
47 new homes
16 land-only lots
4,500 m2 open space created
According to the Greater Dandenong Housing Strategy 2014-2024, the local population is expected to rise to 179,000 in 2024. New homes need to be built to keep up with growth.
In Springvale South, the strategy outlines the need for housing that enables residents to access affordable, sustainable and well-designed housing.
On the former Keysborough College site, Development Victoria will increase housing supply and diversity by offering a range of affordable housing options targeted to a broad range of people including first home buyers, growing families and those in need of assistance to access the housing market.
Development Victoria is committed to delivering sufficient housing to address demand, while responding to the local environment and neighbourhood character.
The development is located at 15-29 Coomoora Road, Springvale South, close to Coomoora Reserve.
Who to contact about this project
For more information, to provide feedback or register for updates please contact us at
- 2018: Technical studies, concept design and consultation with council
- March 2019: Community consultation on concept designs and draft development plan
- May 2019: Development Plan submitted to council
- May 2020: Development Plan approved by council
- January 2021: Sales commence, pending planning approval
- September 2021: Civil and infrastructure works expected to commence
- February 2022: Permit issued
- July 2022: Sales commence
- June 2022: Civil works commence
- August 2023: Townhouse construction expected to commence
Development Victoria held two community information sessions and an online survey, to allow community members to learn more about the proposed development and share their feedback.
The sessions were held on 2 and 5 March 2019 at the Theatre, Keysborough Primary School.
Khmer and Vietnamese interpreters attended both events.
- Density — the number of townhouses was considered too high by some people
- Traffic — concerns regarding potential traffic impacts to local roads and widths of internal streets
- Parking — additional on-street car parking required
- Building heights — some people were concerned townhouses would overshadow neighbouring properties and sit too close to property boundaries
- Price — potential buyers wanted affordable housing options in Springvale South
The project development plan was submitted to council in May 2019, following engagement sessions which gave members of the community the opportunity to provide us with their views and concerns surrounding the project.
In response to community feedback, the revised master plan now proposes a reduction in the number of dwellings, in addition to a number of vacant land lots. The number of visitor car parks has been increased to 28, and a significant number of existing trees will be retained.
The revised master plan provides approximately 4,000m2 of open space, increased road widths in most areas, and a dedicated footpath network from Teddy Crescent through to Coomoora Road.
Updated on 28 July 2022