A new and exciting residential townhouse development is coming in 2020, located within walking distance to the Aurora Town Centre, schools and public transport.
To receive updates on this development, register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org
Building a community
Development Victoria prepared the master plan for Aurora, which involved extensive stakeholder engagement with a strong focus on community development and securing essential community infrastructure.
Aurora is now home to over 7000 people and has grown into a thriving community. Aurora is serviced by various primary and secondary schools, child care centres, community centres and facilities have been integrated into the development to ensure easy access to the services you need.
Aurora has an abundance of parks and green open spaces, forming the core of a growing community. There are numerous sporting courts, ovals, playgrounds and exercise stations. The natural surrounds of Edgars Creek create the perfect backdrop for a leisurely stroll or ride along the many walking and bicycle trails, all of which are within walking distance from homes to encourage healthy lifestyles.
Aurora Town Centre
Development Victoria is overseeing the ongoing delivery of the Aurora Town Centre. This includes, but is not limited to managing investment attraction, planning approvals and in some instances overseeing construction.
The first stage of the northern town centre is now complete and includes 2 major supermarkets, specialty retail shops, community and medical facilities and car parking.
The Galada Community Centre is ideally located within the Town Centre precinct offering three kindergarten rooms, a community hall and a maternal and child health centre benefiting a wide section of the community from babies and young families to senior citizens.
Further expansion to the Aurora Town Centre is planned to be delivered within the next five years and will include greater retail and commercial amenity to ensure that you don’t need to travel far for your daily needs.
Aurora was Victoria’s first 6-star energy efficient community, incorporating the following list of initiatives which consider the environment, maximise sustainability and reduce greenhouse emissions:
- Water sensitive urban design by creating swales and rain gardens in the streetscapes and public reserves.
- Regeneration and enhancement of Edgars Creek waterway throughout the development.
- Fibre to the Home (FTTH) infrastructure to approx. 1500 homes providing high speed internet services prior to implementation of other government infrastructure such as NBN.
- Third (purple) pipe infrastructure delivering recycled water to all homes and public amenity.
- Habitat conservation and enhancement of endangered and protected flora and fauna
- Solar power infrastructure to parklands.
- Passive solar design to maximise natural resources and reduce energy consumption in homes.
- Solar hot water systems to all homes.
- 4 and 5-star heating, cooling and appliances and AAA efficient water fixtures to homes Aurora was instrumental in the development of an industry-wide Sustainable Community Rating tool, which was developed in partnership with the Urban Development Institute of Australia, the Property Council of Australia and the Municipal Association of Victoria.
- ATUG (Australian Telecommunications Users Group) 2007 for Broadband Excellence
- UDIA Environmental Excellence Award 2007
- AILA (Australian Institute of Landscape Architects) 2012 for Conservation Management
- Banksia Award 2008 for Built Environment
- Property Council of Australia 2008 for Sustainable Development