Kangan Batman TAFE closed its Avondale Heights campus on Military Road in 2005 and the site was purchased by Development Victoria for residential development.
Development Victoria has entered into a joint venture agreement with Frasers Property (previously known as Australand) to unlock the site’s potential. Development Victoria will remain the owner of the site, with Frasers Property to be responsible for its development.
Revitalising Avondale Heights
On 5 November 2015, Moonee Valley City Council issued a planning permit for 135 new homes. Construction works commenced in late 2016 with the first residents expected to arrive in their new homes in early 2018.
- 135 homes ranging from one to five bedrooms and no higher than two storeys
- At least one off street car park for every home
- Onsite visitor parking
- A new green space providing a link to the Avondale Heights Library and Learning Centre
- A retained ‘goat track’ from Doyle Street
- Bicycle and walking paths
- Easy connections to local schools, including Avondale Primary School