Development Victoria is committed to engaging with local communities and stakeholders to ensure they are better informed about the project in the context of their local area and are given the opportunity to provide valuable feedback.
There has been broad engagement with the local community over the past two years through the development of the Knox Central Structure Plan and the rezoning of the Knoxfield site.
Focus Group key themes
In late June 2019, Development Victoria facilitated four focus groups to explore community views and perceptions of the Knoxfield Development site. Representing a diverse sample of residents, 48 focus group participants were curious about the site’s future development and were forthcoming with a number of opinions and insights to help inform the development.Key focus group themes:
- Impacts on local traffic and parking
- Effective street design
- Deliver a diverse range of quality housing, reflecting local character
- Include public open spaces- Focus on Sustainability eg. solar panels, composting and car sharing
- Interest in the wetlands, with support for a balance between functional outcomes and providing habitat for threatened species.
- Community engagement regarding the future of the site is anticipated to take place in late 2019.
- Following community engagement and masterplan development, a subdivision permit will be lodged with Knox City Council.
- Construction is expected to commence in 2020, following a wide range of approvals.
Further information and register for updates
For more information about the project, community events or to provide feedback please contact us at email@example.com