27-59 Templestowe Road, Bulleen
Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung Country
North East Link Program
Manningham City Council
The facilities are in addition to North East Link’s $68 million investment to keep communities thriving in Melbourne’s north east.
The Victorian Government is investing in new and upgraded sports facilities to support clubs who need to move temporarily or permanently to allow for the construction of North East Link.
One of these projects is the new soccer facilities in Bulleen, planned as part of North East Link Program’s ongoing investment into local sport.
The new facilities at 27-59 Templestowe Road will replace two soccer fields at Bulleen Park and the use of Bulleen Park Oval 1 for soccer and include:
- three new soccer pitches - one synthetic and two natural
- a new pavilion providing spectator facilities
- realignment and redevelopment of the three existing sports ovals
- car parking facilities with 176 spaces
- walking and cycling paths
- planting of new trees and vegetation
- new drainage, storm water management and flood mitigation systems
- upgraded sports field lighting
- an upgrade to playground equipment and park amenities.
Development Victoria will work in conjunction with North East Link Program to manage the delivery of this project, with Manningham City Council to manage usage of the new facilities by local clubs and the broader community once completed.
Construction is being undertaken by 2Construct.
The soccer fields are expected to be ready for play in 2024 to ensure local clubs continue to thrive while significant North East Link construction is underway at Bulleen Park.
The new soccer fields will also be open for the community to use and enjoy.
Construction has begun, with the site being prepared to lay the foundation for the new pavilion, as well as works beginning on the new pitches and car park.
3 new soccer pitches
176 car spaces
new spectator pavilion
Updated on 26 May 2023