Public open space
The disused water tank site at 421 Upper Heidelberg Road, Ivanhoe is surplus to requirement and is being considered for redevelopment by Development Victoria.
Development considerations for the site include the construction of apartments and the provision of public open space that would benefit new residents and the existing community. The open space design will be integrated into the site's master plan.
The public open space will consider community input, to ensure it meets local community needs. These considerations will include:
- How the design of the public open space might reflect the area's rich neighbourhood character and history
- The type of use the public open space will best facilitate
- The type of design elements required for the best and safest outcome for all users
- Landscaping, plantings and how the site might interface with the street
- Access and connectivity, such as the type and location of paths through the site
- The type of activation that might provide a new and improved amenity to local residents.